Monday, August 3, 2009

A true novice to the internet and social software I am learning at breakneck speed. I am glad that I have this opportunity to learn more about Wiki, Blogs, and Podcasts. And as a long time resident of Hawaii, I am particularly pleased to see the Hawaiian work "Wiki Wiki" in today's lesson.

The articles "Wiki Walk Through" and "Wikis (sunflower)" were excellent introductions to what a Wiki is about. Today's UTube video was also a plus. Having only used "Wikipedia" as a read only website, I found the possibilities of a collaborative and editable Wiki site new and unfamiliar. It will take me a while to tap fully into this new format.

Mike


3 comments:

  1. "A true novice to the internet"...
    After seeing your google calendar, I don't think you give yourself enough credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuesday, Aug 4, 2009
    "What Has Podcasting Done for You?: Great Things Often Begin in Small Ways" - The important point is to get started, even in a small way. The small change in the Principal's announcements led to more student input and involvement and interest.

    "The Anatomy of a Podcast" - Podcasting has a history born of the need for audio blogging. The article hit home when it asked "Would your parents subscribe to podcasts?" Until this summer I didn't know what a Podcast was, being of the parent generation (if not grandparent) and if it weren't for the Apple Store workshop, I wouldn't have known. And I now have podcasts of the Civil War on my ipod to listen to on my long flights to Hawaii and back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike:

    I don't think Hawaii gets enough credit for the development of Wikis. Was the person who got them started from the islands?

    Drew

    ReplyDelete